The North American Retail Hardware Association, a trade association whose guiding vision is to educate, advocate and associate on behalf of independent hardware and home improvement business owners, is co-locating its All-Industry Conference with the National Hardware Show, from May 8-10 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Through the All-Industry Conference, visitors will benefit from a series of educational seminars and networking opportunities. Each year, these powerful sessions and events draw retailers, manufacturers, wholesaler representatives and industry professionals to network, collaborate and inspire one another to excel. Best of all? Attendees registered for the National Hardware Show can attend the conference at no additional cost.
“Though breadth of product, exhibitors from all over the world and inventors make the show one of the most efficient trips for industry professionals to make, the added benefits of attending the complimentary NRHA All-Industry Conference really help attendees to maximize your time and move their businesses forward,” says Rich Russo, vice president of the National Hardware Show. “Gaining insight from leading industry figures, learning about NRHA’s research initiatives and connecting with other independent retailers, all under one roof is invaluable.”
“I think it’s critical in today’s competitive environment to take time away from your operation and gain a fresh perspective on where our industry is headed,” says TJ Comstock, owner of Northwest Hardware in Billings, Mont.
What’s New at the 2018 NRHA All-Industry Conference
The NRHA All-Industry Conference truly has something for everyone. From awards and educational events to a full slate of can’t-miss keynote speakers, the conference aims to educate and entertain.
Three Must-Attend Keynote Sessions
- Meet the Stars of HGTV’s “Good Bones.” Mother-daughter duo Karen E. Laine and Mina Starsiak Hawk, the stars of HGTV’s hit TV show “Good Bones,” will share their story of how they began rehabbing homes in their Indianapolis community and how their passion led to a successful construction company and a hit television show. Attendees can learn more about their work in filming their successful series, and how retailers can capitalize on the latest trends in home renovation.
- Hear From TreeHouse Co-Founder and President Jason Ballard. As the co-founder and president of TreeHouse, the world’s first home upgrade company, Jason Ballard knows what the home of the future looks like. Ballard will share what retailers can do to best meet customers’ growing smart home product needs. He’ll also discuss the unique eco-friendly design of TreeHouse’s Dallas headquarters.
- Discover the Next Big Thing With The Grommet CEO Jules Pieri. Product discovery platform The Grommet has successfully brought thousands of new and innovative products from 16 categories to store shelves. Pieri will explain how her company chooses which products to champion and how Ace Hardware’s recent acquisition of a majority stake in The Grommet influences its path forward.
Along with these great speakers and eye-opening research from the educational seminars, the conference also offers opportunities to recognize the best of the best in the industry.
- The Young Retailer of the Year program aims to identify and promote the next generation of independent hardware leaders.
- NRHA’s Top Guns Awards program will include its first-ever all-female panel, giving conference attendees an unfiltered look at what’s on the minds of leading retailers.
- The Retailers’ Choice Awards once again honors products on the rise, giving attendees a glimpse at the latest items to enhance their inventories.
For a complete schedule or to register for the conference, visit www.nrhaconference.com
The National Hardware Show celebrates a rich history spanning nearly 75 years of serving the home improvement marketplace. From its early beginnings in New York during the post-World War 2 housing boom and eventual move to Chicago in the 1970s, to today’s current location in Las Vegas, NHS continually evolves through the industry’s involvement, commitment and passion to improving America’s quality of life through their homes. Today, NHS is the place for global manufacturers, associations, organizations and the media to get an unfiltered view of the industry, hands-on experiences, and access to the latest innovations and retail trends to enhance their business. For more info, visit www.nationalhardwareshow.com.