Seth Schorr, CEO of Fifth Street Gaming, Chairman of Downtown Grand Hotel & Casino has joined the Advisory Board for X Co, an accelerator of high-tech start-ups. Schorr’s 25+ year career in gaming, hospitality and innovation has taken him around the world from Laughlin, Nevada and New York City to Macau, China and the global reach of the web, including spearheading building Wynn’s first online casino. Schorr is a founder of the Nevada Esports Alliance and continues to be a leader in the convergence of Esports and sports gambling.
“For years I’ve had the desire to help build an infrastructure for entrepreneurs in Las Vegas, and after a lengthy research process, it’s clear that X Co and their model is the best platform to fund, nurture and accelerate early stage tech companies in the southern Nevada ecosystem,” says Schorr. “Our region is just getting started, and I look forward to working with X Co in maximizing our future potential.”
Schorr will be working with several Teams in the X Co Rapid Entrepreneurial Accelerated Launch program — “REAL,” for short, including these hot startups:
- Copper Inc., developer of point-of-sale systems for the restaurant and hospitality industries.
- Bookit Sports, creators of a sports betting social media platform that consolidates information for sports.
- PersonaFi, developers of a personal investment app enhanced with social-networking features.
- Alliance Forge, a provider of voter-relationship management platform services.
- Play Engine, a self-service platform to run your own sports betting business.
- Uptip, replacing cash tipping with a frictionless e-payment and quality ratings platform.
- Alchemy Games, a game development studio creating new IP with established partners.